- I saw an oncologist about my pathology report. Stage one tumour, no chemotherapy recommended. Not sure if this qualifies me as a cancer survivor or not. I am told that they don't actual consider you "cured" until you have something like six months or a year cancer-free. This is good. Excellent, in fact. Hold onto that, as it's the high point of this post. It's all downhill from here, folks.
- Right around that time contracted a minor infection in my join. The one set of antibiotics I am on smells like cat-piss. The other one can't be taken with alcohol, coffee or dairy. I missed the dairy part so I have spent the last half a week feeling like absolute dogshit. I'm off dairy as of today after talking to a pharmacy-tech friend who clued me into that particular contraindication.
- One of the odd side effects also seems to be an incredibly heightened sense of smell. I'm wondering when I get the adamantium claws and mutant healing factor. In the meantime, I've been spending the the majority of the day hiding in my bedroom from the smell of industrial disinfectant.
- industrial disinfectant, you ask? Why yes. I woke up this morning and was greeted by the eldest, who informed me that she stepped out of bed and into a foot full of wet carpet, courtesy of a failed sump pump. About 1-2 cm of water greeted us in the basement. For reasons unknown, the pump, the secondary pump, and the pump alarm all failed during the night. Why? Because fuck my life, that's why.
- Did I mention this is all just a couple weeks after a broken pipe caused the sewer to back up into my basement and render my second bathroom unusable. Which is terrific in a house who just had major colon surgery and whose daily movements are still unpredictable, at best.
I was looking over old Facebook posts and I came across one post about what a great year 2012 was and how I was looking forward to seeing what 2013 had in store. I don't mind saying that 2013 Q4 can eat a giant dick. I can't wait for this shit-eating year to be over.